Scope of Services
Under the current Japanese law and practice, non-native Japanese speakers may face difficulties in obtaining Intellectual Property Rights that protects their brands, due to the uniqueness of the Japanese language.
Markstone will provide clear and unambiguous communication to those needing support in securing protection of their brands in Japan.
The followings are examples of our services;
- Trademark registrability/FTO search
- Trademark prosecution at Japan Patent Office
- Renewal of trademark rights
- Opposition, cancellation and invalidity action against third parties’ trademarks
- Litigation against trademark infringement
- Design registrability/FTO search
- Design Prosecution at Japan Patent Office
- Annuity payment for design rights
- Invalidity action against third parties’ designs
- Litigation against design infringement
- Litigation against unfair competition activities